Some of the links here on Where-to-Buy-Bitcoin.com are affiliate links, which means that we sometimes get a compensation from the reviewed products and services. However, we are independently owned and the opinions expressed on the website are our own. We test each service and product throroughly and recommend only the very best.
Are you a cryptocurrency enthusiast? Do you trade crypto? Perhaps, you’re looking for an all-in-one platform that supports an extensive range of cryptocurrencies? Then, Crypto.com may be the ideal choice for you!
Crypto.com is a cryptocurrency exchange app that has recently been making a more prominent name for itself on the digital asset scene. The platform offers users relatively low fees for crypto investors who want to carry more banking transactions — investing, saving, and spending — on a crypto platform.
However, the platform’s most significant appeal is arguably its impressive selection of acceptable cryptocurrencies (more than 200).
Here are some notable points about Crypto.com:
- Funding Methods: Crypto.com allows users to instant deposit into their wallet by linking their Fiat Wallet with their bank accounts. You also have the option of doing an ACH or wire transfer.
- Supported Fiat: Currently, the platform supports over 20 fiat currencies, including USD, EUR, and GBP.
- Cryptocurrencies: Crypto.com has a daily limit of $5000 and a monthly limit of $500,000
- Website: https://crypto.com/
Interestingly, Crypto.com offers its users crypto credit cards, a decentralized exchange, and an NFT marketplace alongside a dedicated crypto wallet.
WE RECOMMEND CRYPTO.COM
Crypto.com: History and Background
Crypto.com has been on the cryptocurrency and digital assets scene for about six years. But, this wasn’t always the platform’s name.
In June 2016, Polish entrepreneur, Kris Marszalek, and a team of three other members founded Monaco Technologies GmbH (now Crypto.com), intending to accelerate the world’s adoption of blockchain technology and provide cryptocurrency options on every wallet.
Well, it’s safe to say they’re still on that path and getting applaudable results.
However, it wasn’t until the 8th of July, 2018, that the company adopted ‘Crypto.com.’ Fast forward to December of the same year, Crypto.com announced that it had signed an MOU to allow Ledger (a blockchain cold wallet provider) to cater to the safekeeping of its assets.
This meant that users could now use Crypto.com’s array of in-app products and services on-demand, confident that they’d enjoy top-notch security consistent with cold wallets.
Today, you can trade cryptocurrency via the Crypto.com exchange and app, shop and pay through the platform, manage your digital assets through Crypto.com’s DeFi wallet, and more!
What Cryptocurrencies Can You Buy on Crypto.com?
Crypto.com enables you to purchase a wide range of cryptocurrencies including:
Setting up a Crypto.com Account
Thankfully, Crypto.com has made its account creation and verification process relatively straightforward. Here’s what you need to do:
Step 1: Download the Crypto.com app from the Google Play Store or App Store
Next, open the app. It will prompt you to either sign in or sign up. You want to click to click on sign up
Step 2: Next, enter your preferred email address and your other details (including your First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, and Nationality)
Step 3: Then, choose a password (a mix of uppercase and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols is usually more secure)
Step 4: If you have a referral code, you can enter it now
Step 5: Next, check the two boxes to agree to the terms and conditions of using Crypto.com and then verify that you’re not a robot
Step 6: Finally, click on ‘Create Account’
However, you’ll need to verify your new Crypto.com account to be able to access the full range of services that the platform offers. Furthermore, you’ll require a valid photo ID and a working phone number for this.
We’ll quickly walk you through what you need to do:
- After creating your account, you’ll be redirected to a page to confirm your email using an OTP. Enter the OTP the system sends to your inbox and click on ‘Verify’
- Next, verify your phone number with an OTP they send to your SMS inbox
- Then, you’ll be redirected to your personal info page. Here, enter your correct information and select ‘Continue’
- Under the ID Verification tab, choose your issue country and the type of ID
- Next, you’ll need to take a photo of the ID. Take the required photo and click on ‘Confirm’
- Finally, under Face Verification, click on ‘Start’ and then take a selfie
Now, you can deposit and withdraw funds up to Crypto.com’s daily and monthly limits.
The steps to open up an account on Crypto.com:
Download the Crypto.com App.
Open the app. It will prompt you to sign up.
Fill in the details required and choose a password.
If you have a referral code, enter it now.
Agree to the terms and conditions of using Crypto.com.
Click on ‘Create Account’.
While Crypto.com does offer comparatively low fees, there are not the lowest around. But, the platform has other perks that arguably make up for this:
- New users on Crypto.com without any CRO (Crypto.com’s coin) stake will pay 0.4% on trades if their monthly trading volume is under $25,000.
- If your monthly trading is under $50,001 but more than $25,000, then you’d qualify for a 0.35% fee either as a maker or taker.
As your trading volume increases, Crypto.com is more willing to charge you lower fees.
- If you’re a higher-volume trader, you can qualify for fees as low as 0.1% as a taker and 0.04% as a maker, even without any CRO staking. Furthermore, if you hold at least 5000 CRO in your wallet, you can enjoy a 10% discount on your trading fees.
While Crypto.com fees can seem a bit high if you’re an entry-level trader, the good part is you don’t have to pay any additional per-trade fees.
Regarding transaction fees, the fee for credit or debit card transactions is 2.99% — which is admittedly on the high side. But, on the bright side, you don’t have to pay any fee for deposits. On the other hand, withdrawal to external wallets will cost you depending on the coin in question.
These are the main Crypto.com Spot & Margin platform fees:
|LEVEL||30D TRADING VOLUME (USD)||MAKER||TAKER||DISCOUNTED MAKER/TAKER (10% off)|
$0 - $25,000
0.360% / 0.360%
$25,001 - $50,000
0.315% / 0.315%
$50,001 - $100,000
0.135% / 0.225%
$100,001 - $250,000
0.090% / 0.144%
$250,001 - $1,000,000
0.081% / 0.135%
$1,000,001 - $20,000,000
0.072% / 0.126%
$20,000,001 - $100,000,000
0.063% / 0.117%
$100,000,001 - $200,000,000
0.054% / 0.108%
$200,000,001 and above
0.036% / 0.090%
The trading fees are volume-based: get more discounts as your trading volume increases. For even more savings, stake CRO and pay your trading fees in CRO. As a bonus, you even get earnings of 10% p.a. on your CRO stake.
Crypto.com Deposit and withdrawal methods
Crypto.com allows its users in the US to connect their USD Fiat wallet directly to their bank accounts. This way, you can deposit directly into your Crypto.com account.
The best part?
You don’t incur any deposit fee. At least, Crypto.com doesn’t charge you for the deposit. Your bank might, though.
Also, you’ll need to have a valid residential address in the US and your Social Security Number to be eligible.
Depositing into Your Crypto.com Account
With ACH transfer, the minimum is $20.
- Furthermore, you have a daily limit of $100,000 (or five transfers) within a month of ACH.
- Also, an ACH transfer has a processing time of 3 to 5 business days.
In comparison, the minimum with wire transfer is $1000.
- Additionally, the limit for daily wire transactions is $1,000,000 (but also caps at five transactions per day).
- But, in a month, you can carry out transactions with volumes up to $10,000,000 (or a maximum of up to 30 transactions).
- We should also add that wire transaction to your Crypto.com account only take 1 to 2 business days.
|METHOD||SUITS BEST||DEPOSIT||WITHDRAW||PROCESSING TIME|
5-7 business days
Withdrawing from your Crypto.com account
When you want to withdraw from your Crypto.com account, you have two options:
- Transfer your cryptocurrency into an external crypto wallet.
- Use your USD Fiat wallet.
However, Crypto.com does not support direct fiat withdrawals yet.
- So, you’d have to sell your cryptos first and then move the USD you get for them to your fiat USD wallet on Crypto.com.
- Then, you can then send the money into your bank account through ACH or wire transfer.
The minimums for ACH or wire transfer still apply here.
Is Crypto.com Safe?
Crypto.com puts in place various security features any top-notch crypto exchange app should have, including multi-factor authentication (MFA), anti-phishing guards, and safelists to secure their customer data and customers.
Of course, you’d have to play your part by using a strong password and following best practices for personal online security.
Remember, no one can reverse a cryptocurrency transaction.
That said, aside from its security system, Crypto.com also has infrastructure for storing customer deposits in offline cold storage as additional measures against hacks and losses.
To top all that, Crypto has $360 million in insurance against damage or theft. But, that is not all. If your keep a balance on your Crypto.com account in US Dollars, the FDIC’s $250,000 insurance will cover it as though it were in a regular bank.
Crypto.com Mobile App
Currently, Crypto.com’s mobile applications are the primary access points for users who want access to its services. So, finding out if their app is compatible with your device is an excellent first step if you’re going to use Crypto.com.
The exchange offers both iOS and Android options for its users, and its app has at least a four-star rating on both platforms. In addition, you can connect the app to Crypto.com’s separate DeFi Wallet app.
Crypto.com offers its users a Visa card which is tenderable anywhere that accepts Visa cards. But, there are five different tiers (or types) of Crypto.com Visa cards. But, of course, you’d have to top up on any of them before using it.
The five tiers of Crypto.com Visa cards are:
- Midnight Blue (requires $0 CRO staking and offers 1% cash-back (crypto-back))
- Ruby Steel (requires $400 CRO staking and offers 2% crypto-back)
- Jade Green/ Royal Indigo (requires $4000 CRO staking and offers 3% crypto-back)
- Frosted Rose Gold/ Icy White (requires $40,000 CRO staking and offers 5% crypto-back)
- Obsidian (requires $400,000 CRO staking and offers 8% crypto-back)
Depending on the card tier you currently stake for, you can enjoy more incredible benefits such as reimbursements, increased cashback, higher staking interests, etc., when you reach the CRO staking requirement for a higher card tier.
Unfortunately, Crypto.com is not the best site for investors with entry-level skills and knowledge. The platform does not offer users a cryptocurrency knowledge resource center. But, with the right tips — which you’d have to get elsewhere — you’d be navigating and utilizing Crypto.com in no time!
Like several other cryptocurrency exchange platforms, Crypto.com has some improvements to effect when it comes to customer support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Today, crypto.com is one of only a few crypto platforms that hasn’t been hacked yet, and this is likely due to the platform’s high-level security processes. Furthermore, Crypto.com keeps all its user funds in offline cold storage, leveraging security technologies such as multi-signature keys and hardware security modules.
So, yes. Your money is safe on Crypto.com.
Account verification on Crypto.com may take anywhere between a few hours to a couple of business days, depending on several factors such as your nationality, country of application, nationality, picture quality, etc.